Amazon Cloud Drive

Are you using rclone move? I had OVH Premium for a month and I was pushing 90-110MB/s…so most of the gbit up from OVH France to ACD. I’m back down to the 250mbit but can still push 28-32MB/s to ACD with rclone. I cut it down to 2 simultaneous files being uploaded vs the default of 4 to give seeding some room.

Pulling from ACD to my box is in the 50-60MB/s range for a single file.

Writing directly to the mounts kinda sucks…much better to use rclone copy or rclone move.

i wonder if it is possible to mount one acd to a few servers so that one could be for streaming as the other is for downloading seeding.

yes. I had my OVH in France and my SYS-CA using the exact same mounts. I was actually using plex streaming on both to compare. I didnt see a difference in performance.

Edit: This was all rclone. I had been switching betweed acd_cli and rclone for the mount but once rclone fixed the Fast Forward issues and the updating the mount with data uploaded via ‘move’ it’ been pure rclone for the mount and upload. I’m using the latest git code.

This could be packaged into a script and having an non-technical setup for this would make the avg QB user quite happy.

1 Like

RX, you’re using the public cloud option from OVH? Curious which package you went with since you seem to have pretty ideal performance so far.

No, it’s one of those OVH ‘special’ servers: https://www.reddit.com/r/seedboxes/comments/52rbk6/limited_special_dedicated_at_ovh_cpu_intel_xeon/

It’s in RBX-6. I did have gbit up without paying extra for it but I think I abused that and they took it away. I then purchased the gbit premium for a month to get my ACD filled up.

I have a 36TB server at home with about 12TBs of media. I decided I wanted to move the media to ACD. I exported my show list from the local plex using plex2csv, after a little massaging I uploaded that to trakt.tv. I then pointed my QB Couchpotato, Sickrage to Trakt to get all of my movies/shows imported and finally turned those loose on my trackers. I re-downloaded all of my media over again. This solved my data cap issues at home(which would have taken months to deal with) and let me move everything to 1080 vs the mix I had at home. Yes, I burned through some ratio but I have plenty. I just seed it to the min required and move on. I have AutoDL running to build back up my ratio. Churn and burn those.

I now have about 1500 movies in ACD…I’m short like 60 movies from my home setup that Couchpotato cant find anywhere and I’ll probably have to upload myself…total bummer. :frowning:

i can make it more XD i think i might need to find a way soon to backup my stuff http://lookpic.com/O/i2/344/LWFFErjz.png

as i have a lot… might take a while to upload it to a cloud but that’s ok.
more need to find the money to pay for the cloud XD

lol…you beat me by a mile! I would just re-download it.

I will also have to redownload about 8TB of media. I did some estimations and based on my upload speed it would take around 900 days to get it uploaded… No thanks.

EDIT: Doesn’t look like that special order you got is available anymore, bummer.

lol well i encode so i guess i could download my own uploads but still there are some i have encoded and not uploaded. but i have 30Mbits upload at home… so it would only take… 5 weeks to upload all of my stuff it adds up to about 12.44 TB most of which is HEVC so it saves some room.

Ah, rclone. I will need to get on that. Currently I am using acd_cli.

yeah…I use rclone for everything…mount, encryption and upload. You’ll want to build it from source to get the latest code that fixes some of the issues. http://rclone.org/install/#install-from-source

acd_cli always has issues of it dropping the mounts…even now…its’s been many months of it doing that.

Awesome! I value your opinion on this… I know you’ve been muscling at it the longest around here.

1 Like

People are selling the transfers of these for like 100-150 euros on lowendtalk. I dont think its that bad considering the specs of the box. It’s 1gbit down, 1gbit up OVH-OVH, 250mbit up OVH-Internet with 4 2TB drives and 64GB of ram. That server with 2 less drives goes for 100 Euros/month but has the 500mb upload but you’re getting it for 39 euros a month. pay the difference for 2-3 months and you’re covered. If it’s a long term rental then you still make out pretty decently…say over a year or two. I like the option of being able to go gbit up if I need to…its just not in the cards for me long term. I can’t spend $1000 US a year just on a bandwidth upgrade.

:blush:
i can’t spend $100 let alone… $1000

that’s why i share the server i have to split costs. lol

yeah, I could do it financially but I’m married with kids(oldest one is starting to check out colleges this week). Priorities have to go to the family…my ‘hobbies’ come later. Besides, I want one of the new DJI Mavic Pro drones…there is my $1000 right there. It’s finally a drone I’m interesting in.

2 Likes

Interesting reading all the posts today. Sounds like rclone may be ready for primetime use.

1 Like

One thing I am curious about.

With acd_cli you can mount the amazon drive (in this case it is .acd-stash), then when you run something such as

ENCFS6_CONFIG='/home/user/encfs.xml' encfs /home/user/.acd-stash /home/user/acd-stash

So what this does is show the actual contents of the amazon drive in .acd-stash, which are uploaded encrypted. Thus with mounting from encfs you are being shown the decrypted version of the amazon drive at acd-stash <-- this is what Plex views to pick up the libraries.

Encrypted files are uploaded from the .local-stash directory.

####Question is this:
How is rclone handling the encryption. I read “on-the-fly” but I can’t seem to wrap my head around this. Is there a way for rclone to show the --reverse encrypted directies such as how acd_cli does? I know I am missing something here… I am just curious what is being used to encrypt the files on upload and have a mirrored (mounted) decrypted directory.

####Update
Wouldn’t you know… I found the docs :blush:

so rclone uses a term called ‘remotes’ to define the cloud storage. You setup the unencrypted remotes and then you create a new ‘crypt’ remote that sits ontop of the unencrypted remote. When you create a crypt remote, it will prompt you for the existing remote to use…make sure you end the unencrypted remote with a colon when prompted…ala “acd:”

I have 4 remotes:
1: acd (amazon cloud drive)
2: eacd (encrypted amazon cloud drive)
3: gdrive (google drive)
4: egdrive (encrypted google drive).

Let’s say my dir structure in acd is:
media/Movies
media/TV Shows
plain/docs
plain/notes

If I want to move(vs copy) file to my encrypted acd movies directory I would use this:
rclone move /home/user/torrents/complete/Movies eacd:media/Movies/

If I want to move files to a unencrypted section:
rclone move /path/to/my/files acd:plain/docs/

mount works in the same way. I can mount either the unencrypted or encrypted:
encrypted:
rclone mount eacd: /my/mount/path --allow-other --no-modtime --dir-cache-time=2m &
This will mount the encrypted data in human(plex) readable format.

unencypted:
rclone mount acd: /my/mount/path --allow-other --no-modtime --dir-cache-time=2m &

Note the colon in everything. The first directory is always remote:first_directory/second_directory.
so if I wanted to mount a subdir I would do:
rclone mount eacd:media/Movies /my/path/ --allow-other --no-modtime --dir-cache-time=2m &

There is no need to do the two mounts like the acd_cli/encfs combo(with the reverse) but you could mount both the encryted and ‘plain’ if you wanted to. rclone will do the decryption on the fly and just show you the encrypted data as unencrypted in the mount. It makes sense…why show you the encrypted?

If you really want to see it encrypted, you can check the ACD web interface.

rclone is rsync for cloud. He tries very hard to mimic rsyncs functionality.

edit: I sync between acd and gdrive. I bought a $15 unlimited gdrive on ebay as a backup place:
rclone sync eacd: egdrive:

3 Likes

Really considering moving to this full time… could make some money selling 23 hard drives lol.

Have you considered setting up the mounts in a unionfs type setup so that you can have a local cache on your seedbox of new episodes, and then push them to ACD after a set period of time?