Aliases-seedbox.conf customization

So, I’m beginning to drop in some reverse proxy customizations to allow
https://host/couchpotato and/or https://couchpotato.domain.com
I’ve only added one line to aliases-seedboxes.conf:
Include /etc/apache2/includes/base.conf

basically I have all of my customizations in /etc/apache2/includes. It’s going to key off of the lock files in /install/ and enable only those apps that are added.

Programmatically altering the base url of the some of the apps isnt possible however so they will have to manually be done.

Once I get all of that done then I’ll switch the apps to only listen on localhost.

So anyway, the question I have is: I dont want to go through all of this only to have an update wipe my changes.
Will that happen? Do you ever completely replace files during a Quickbox update?

I guess I could include separate conf files in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled. I’d have to look at that. I know aliases-seedbox.conf editing works for me.

Thanks!

Yes we do wipe files during updates. The best bet to avoid it would be to make a separate config (proxy.conf for instance) and store the custom config in a file not used in our config. I don’t believe we’ve touched anything in base.conf though

You can see exactly what happens in the Apache config by taking a quick read of the updater script though

Why not to do a system command for that?

Like an “updateAlias” who asks the domain / subdomain to activate, in relation of the .lock files already in /install. dir ?

I think it can be complicated to do that. But maybe due to that script, a file will be created and the updateQuickBox will perform its update without modifying the alias contained in this file? As the master.txt ?

I dont think its that hard. Some small things have to change in the current QB config.

For example. In order for the system to listen to multiple subdomains you need to edit 2 files so QB no longer takes all ssl traffic (*:443) and it needs to be like FQDN:443 for the QB panel/rutorrent. You can then add config files that listen to couchpotato.domain.com, etc.

The subdirectory (host/couchpotato) would be adding config files redirect. The issue I see with this one is that the base url in the apps needs to be edited. Some cant be done programmically. Probably need instructions.

You then need to make app the apps ONLY listen on localhost(or firewall it) so they arent accessible on the various ports.

Ideally I think QB should move this way. Indv ports is messy and insecure.