These last days I needed to set up a RSS agregator which could be use on my server.
So I searched and I choosed FreshRSS which seems to be good, beautiful and efficient to manage RSS feeds.
I installed and integrated it to QB and the result is really nice!
I started to develop a custom script to integrate FreshRSS into Box Package Manager in order to simplify the installation for people that wants to use FreshRSS.
For now, the script simply does:
- With root account or with sudo
- Add / Remove FreshRSS to BOX Package Manager (Ubuntu 16.04 tested),
- Install / Uninstall FreshRSS from BOX (Ubuntu 16.04 tested),
- Add the FreshRSS custom menu to your QB dashboard (reachable to /freshrss)
- Script could be use with a fresh or an existing QB install.
- It need to be web configured the first time use after installation. It can’t be installed from Web Package Management Center because it needs SQL root password and you are the only ones who know it
- Not public, need to authenticate with ruTorrent login and password even if FreshRSS integrates authentication with login form. Could be modified if you want to access it directly.
Need to be enhanced :
- Wizard setup more “silent”
- Automatically set the refresh feed times method
- Add double password verification when typing root SQL password in order to delete FreshRSS SQL data.
- Certainly more things.
Need to be tested:
- Debian 8 support,
As FreshRSS is a PHP application, it’s useless to integrate it to the dashboard because there is no service to manage. It does not need to be monitored, only locally installed.
Could you tell me if some people are interrested?
If it’s the case, I will modify this post and add explanations on how to install it (few minutes!).
If you have any questions / remarks, do not hesitate to participate
With root or sudo :
- Select option 1) to add FreshRSS into BOX or 2) to remove FreshRSS from BOX
box install freshrss
- Type the password for the SQL freshrss user
- If MySQL is already installed, type the root MySQL account password. If not, type the password which be set for the root MySQL account.
- When the installation is finished, go to the Dashboard, click on the FreshRSS menu link and configure FreshRSS.
box remove freshrss
- Type the SQL root password (be careful, there is currently no double check password verification!)
- FreshRSS is uninstalled from your server
- Select option 2)
- FreshRSS is removed from BOX