A Question Regarding Disk Usage Widget

Hi all

The server i have quickbox installed on has the OS on an SSD and other drives for storage and download locations in raid disks. I have quotas turned off in the dashboard, and the Widget is displaying my SSD drives space how do I change what mount point it looks for disk space left in? So that if I point it at my downloads disk, it shows how much space is left on the other drive here is a print out of my drives to show you what i mean. i have a feeling i need to turn quotas back on and run set disk but is that still only going to show how much space i have left on the first drive again?

any help would be gratefully appreciated

can you fire a cat /etc/fstab and show the result?

1 Like
# /etc/fstab: static file system information.                                                                                                                            
#                                                                                                                                                                        
# Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a                                                                                                           
# device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices                                                                                               
# that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).                                                                                                          
#                                                                                                                                                                        
# <file system> <mount point>   <type>  <options>       <dump>  <pass>                                                                                                   
/dev/mapper/linuxserv--vg-root /               ext4    errors=remount-ro 0       1                                                                                       
# /boot was on /dev/sde1 during installation                                                                                                                             
UUID=ce505c22-6fec-4e09-bed1-e1eb413e9789 /boot           ext2    defaults        0       2                                                                              
/dev/mapper/linuxserv--vg-swap_1 none            swap    sw              0       0                                                                                       

/dev/md0        /mnt/movies     ext2    defaults        0       0                                                                                                        
UUID="E08C370E8C36DEAA"   /mnt/dump ntfs-3g    permissions,locale=en_US.utf8    0   2                                                                                    
UUID="72EA361BEA35DC53"   /mnt/tv ntfs-3g    permissions,locale=en_US.utf8    0   2

this is a strange install i have never saw devtepfs, fuseblk or even tmpfs on a quickbox install…

It’s super confusing to explain as well, but basically, the servers raid card does not work with Ubuntu or Debian. But if the raid card is not turned on the servers bios won’t boot into a hard drive lol, so basically to get it to work you have to set up arrays in the management system for the raid and tell it what array the boot drive. then install the os and then use software raid like I did for 2 of the drives.

who is your server provider?

my own colocated

ok now is it a home made server or is it one that is say a enterprise class server.
also known as a rack server.

normally this would all be solved by having a / mount and a home mount.

with how your setup now i have no clue how it happened most raid cards work with linux. unless they have there own management setup and if its a server you have you could have made the raid on the card and the ssd go to the Motherboard.

as is quickbox space widgets only work with / and /home

i am aware of what a rack mounted server is i am sysadmin and work on them all day :yum: this is a proper hpe ProLiant 2u its just the raid card is junk in them, i might just forget about the widget for now and if for some reason my install breaks on an update or something else i will then look further into setting them all up with / and /home i still have more drives to add into the server so its only going to get stranger :laughing: