Rclone / rtorrent.rc / SSH / favicon HELP

Hello,

I’d like to start by saying thank you for the great UI and setup for my seedbox. As you will see from my post, I have zero knowledge of Linux but managed to get things working. I have a couple of questions concerning QuickBox.

rclone - This is a must have for me. I don’t mind if its via the QuickBox interfact or if I have to run it via SSH, I just need it to work as I backup all my seedbox files to acd. Is there a guide to follow to set this up? Also, since SSH is on port 4747, it works a little differently than I’m used to (lack of experience really). This is because sometimes I type a command and get “command not found”.

rtorrent.rc - Is there a website or way I can edit this file without breaking the lines? I’d like to edit this file to make some minor changes that keep getting reverted when I restart rtorrent.

SSH - Is there a guide for QuickBox SSH commands, or how to get it simplified for me since its a little different than I’m used to with seedbox providers.

NOT SECURE - My Google browser keeps saying not secure on both ruTorrent and QuickBox. Its a certificate error I suppose: Certificate Error. There are issues with the site’s certificate chain (net::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID).

favicon - Don’t know if its just my browser, but QuickBox has no favicon. No big deal, but it be nice if it had one.

Thank you for the help. Is there a way to donate to QB with Bitcoin? If not, is there a workaround?

We are actually launching a service that will arrive with the new website here this Friday! The service is available now however. You can contact @dtech_banned for more information on this. I’ve additionally linked here a thread in the forums wherein he made an announcement. He’s got stellar customer reviews littered around the site… it’s a service you’ll not soon regret :wink:

You can actually edit this via FTP on port 5757 (for non sudo users) or on port 4747 for your master account. You can login and then check the directory /home/$USERNAME. You’ll see the rtorrent.rc file contained within. Although, if you’re not too familiar with the options… I would advise caution adding random rules from the internet. Make a separate post in regards to what sort of changes you are trying to make and surely a member of the community will assist you as best as possible :slight_smile:

Unfortunately there is not at the moment. However; this is one of the big reasons behind the new site… creating a better and easier to manage platform for documentation. Again, this Friday all will be revealed. Most commands you can already find within the help tab on your QuickBox Main Menu.

Yup, this is due to a self-signed certificate on your server IP address. This is a common error and there is no cause for concern. You can additionally use your site with a top level domain and Let’s Encrypt (which we now have an auto-installer for :confetti_ball: )

This little tidbit has been requested by several people. As soon as we are done with the new site, there will be a concentrated effort to push a large volume of updates to QuickBox … both packages and dashboard.

Our present setup does not allow the use of bitcoin, but this is soon to change… you guessed it! … with the arrival of the new website!

1 Like
https://plaza.quickbox.io/t/automation-for-acd-and-plex/?source_topic_id=2127

[quote=“JMSolo, post:2, topic:2127”]
We are actually launching a service that will arrive with the new website here this Friday! The service is available now however. You can contact @dtech for more information on this. I’ve additionally linked here a thread in the forums wherein he made an announcement. He’s got stellar customer reviews littered around the site… it’s a service you’ll not soon regret :wink: [/quote]
I’m not too worried about Plex right now and unlimited disk space. I just keep music and as of now my 6TB server is nowhere close to being full. I’d like to just use basic rclone functions such as sync, --dryrun-, and check. Hopefully this will be possible.

Is there a guide for this that I can follow? I’m assuming you use a domain that points to the QuickBox link that then has you enter a username and password?

[quote=“JMSolo, post:2, topic:2127”]
You can actually edit this via FTP on port 5757 (for non sudo users) or on port 4747 for your master account. You can login and then check the directory /home/$USERNAME. You’ll see the rtorrent.rc file contained within. Although, if you’re not too familiar with the options… I would advise caution adding random rules from the internet. Make a separate post in regards to what sort of changes you are trying to make and surely a member of the community will assist you as best as possible :slight_smile:[/quote]
Like I previously mentioned, I’m trying to learn Linux. I’m sure I’ve done something wrong, as my rtorrent.rc is directly inside my root folder. I have no username, just seedbox directly inside my root. I had followed a guide and it said to do it like that. When I log into SSH via 4747 I do have my username there though. How would I make sure I have access to all the top level commands?

Thank you for the quick response and help.

its a great service. i’m on my second install as we speak… quick question, with all the people using ACD, is there fear that Amazon will soon wise up to this behavior (with or w/o encryption)?

Again, this will be a paid-for one-time fee service. You can get additional details from @dtech_banned. If you would like to share theories and strategies with other community members on how to do this (and given they are willing and time permitting), then open a thread… or perhaps do a search here on the Plaza. You’d more than likely get a plethora of information on this very topic.

Again, a simple search of the forums gives you the answers you need. Although, in regards to your question… yes, you will need a top level domain in order for Lets Encrypt to install. In the next few days our new site will be up and this will permit you the option to pay a one-time fee to be hosted on the QuickBox DNS. This will allow you to have an A record for your server IP to point to a domain such as yourname.quickbox.io. With this service, we additionally install the certificate for you. In the meantime, here is a Wiki on how.

https://plaza.quickbox.io/t/install-lets-encrypt-on-your-seedbox/99?source_topic_id=2127

…and you’ll never stop :wink:

What guide did you follow that informed you to install it in your /root directory? You may be confusing the EcoSystem and submodules pulled in from our git repositories. This is hosted locally on your server to make updates work.

As far as your users actual working directory, you’ll find this in /home/username. I am additionally confused at how you would have no username… the script specifically ask for one on install… and cannot continue without one.

Highly unlikely. The only thing I have heard of is temp stoppage on the ACD via rate limiting… and people getting accounts closed (though I still have yet to see actual proof of this claim) due to sharing media links publicly. With Plex installed however, there is no need to share download links, as you can share libraries.

1 Like

I do have a username in my QuickBox UI. However, my FTP looks something like this: Root > .autodl / .cache / ,irssi / torrents / etc… I have no home > username section. Everything is straight up in the root. During the installation, I chose Ubuntu 16.04, and from the private site I’m on they said to add / ext4 all iirc - which was the only method that worked for me. Installing it any other way was making QB crash or display wrong data for some reason. If I don’t have a home / username is this bad? I’ll be the only one using the box.

Thank you for the help, I really appreciate it. Things at the beginning seem overwhelming, but I am learning some stuff. I’m doing my best to look things up, but when everything seems foreign to you its even more confusing lol.

I apologize if this comes across as snarky… we do not support what others say in third-party locations to install QuickBox. I can’t see that installing it any other way as opposed to what we (the creators of QuickBox) has clarified within our #readme.

Did you ensure that QuickBox is installed within your /root directory?

QuickBox builds /home/USERNAME from a skeleton that is pushed on installation.

I additionally have no clue how your QuickBox would even be accessible from being installed in the /root directory.

Only b/c I must ask as this has happened before.

Please give me the steps you took to install… as I am curious if you are even speaking in regards to QuickBox at this point.

Don’t worry, nothing personal taken. This is what I did to install QuickBox:

1. Install Ubuntu 16.04 x64 on Raid 0 with 2x3TB drives.

2. This is probably where the issue has arisen. I was told to remove (PART /home ext4 all) and change (PART / ext4 1024GB) to (PART / ext4 all). I will assume this is why I do not have a “home” directory structure".

3. I ran the QuickBox script along with updates to it and Ubuntu.

4. Everything is up and running.

Now onto my process. I did originally install QuickBox with the (PART /home ext4 all) there and QB/rTorrent did work, but the drive was reporting the boot/OS drive space and I ran into a couple of crashes. This is why I searched for possibly another method. As of right now, the seedbox is under root but without a home/username folder. Everything is just all there in the root.

Without having any experience with any of this, I wanted to know if this can possibly break things down the line. Right now, rTorrent and QB UI is working properly. If changing solves nothing then I rather not reformat. However, if a root/home/username structure is a must then I will format again and install properly.

Thank you.

Would it be OK if you shot me a PM with your server details (login credentials)?

I will gladly take a look at this.

I think there is some confusion between a /(root) mount and a /root directory. You should (as QuickBox will not install it any other way) have a /home/USERNAME directory. I really must see what is going on… working or not… an update could cripple your install if this is the case as it will not be able to read your directory structure.

Sending a PM now.