Odd CPU meter behaviour EDIT - IOWAIT HDD choking problem

I too am experiencing the same issues outlined above
I ran the command and got the below results

xxxxxxxxxx:~$ dd if=/dev/zero of=$HOME/test.img bs=1G count=1 oflag=direct
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB, 1.0 GiB) copied, 166.591 s, 6.4 MB/s

if 9-13 MB/S is very bad i guess 6.4MB/S is bloody atrocious.
time to open a ticket i think.

your on a really slow server using 1 hdd, no ram (less than 4gb), and 2 threads for cpuā€¦ you can not expect it to be extremeā€¦

whilst i appreciate what you are saying the CPU is running at over 400% according to the dashboard. the Sabnzbd connection keeps being lost and currently it is performing worse than my kimsufi that i got on special offer over three years ago and that has specs of Intel Atom CPU clocked at 1.6Ghz - 1.8Ghz (dual core with hyperthreading), 2GB RAM, 500GB HDD space, 100Mbps guaranteed, unmetered, unlimited bandwidth.
If you think that is normal then i have to take your word for it as i am not an expert. However i would have expected some improvement between the two.

I have the same server as Unicorn a couple of posts up and my results are worse than what he posted
xxxxxxxxx:~$ dd bs=1M count=64 if=/dev/zero of=test conv=fdatasync
64+0 records in
64+0 records out
67108864 bytes (67 MB, 64 MiB) copied, 8.15497 s, 8.2 MB/s

I appreciate your feedback thanks

credit where it is due to onlineā€™s support team, i opened a ticket, within 5 minutes they acknowledged the issue and have made me the same offer as has been received by others in the thread,
Why if they know the issue exists are they still selling the servers?

Because they know not every user will notice so they can get away with it and they still have stock to move, heh.

1 Like

exactly what @liara said.

I was wondering, are they trying to get torrent boxes off the 2.5Gbit lines and onto a 1Gbit line?

could be a swifty way to move people over and charge a little more.

but then maybe i just overthinking itā€¦ lol :slight_smile: