New update script problems and fixes

installed great but

it killed the home diskspace.

1 Like

This is more than likely the result of the initial wrong option selected.

In the /srv/rutorrent/home/widgets directory, does it have both disk_data.php and disk_datah.php?

If so… just rename the disk_data.php to disk_data.php.bak and rename disk_datah.php to disk_data.php

would it not be simpler removing it?

Sure, that decision is entirely up to you :wink:

1 Like

so next problem,

plex still shows up online so idk but i also tried installing others and nothing other than it saying it was installing them happened.

This is due to it now creating .lock files in the /install directory. You can address this by doing:

touch /install/.plex.lock

I’ll look into why they may not be installing

[root@Masters-Seed]:(723.3kb)~# touch /install/.plex.lock
touch: cannot touch ‘/install/.plex.lock’: No such file or directory
my server login is same if you need to look

Apologies… make the directory first. I am adding this into the update script which can be ran as many times as possible.

mkdir /intsall

You an also update your repos on the server to match the master branch by doing:

cd /root/quickbox_packages
git pull
1 Like

no need to apologize lol i figured the dir was needing to be made after i looked and there was none there
also doing a few other things too. so ya :wink:

also i am doing the dev edition just for the fact I am beta tester seems the “duh” thing to do

OK, @piluc88 and @dtech_banned I just ran the update test on 14.04 and 16.04 success. It was the /install directory missing that was causing packages like Plex, BTSync etc to fail… all works swimmingly now in my tests.

W: GPG error: http://www.deb-multimedia.org wheezy InRelease: The following signatures couldn’t be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 5C808C2B65558117
W: The repository ‘http://www.deb-multimedia.org wheezy InRelease’ is not signed.
N: Data from such a repository can’t be authenticated and is therefore potentially dangerous to use.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

what is this problem i am trying manually run script to see if i can find out why it might not still be working

Try the following and the run the installer

apt-get -y -f install build-essential debian-archive-keyring python-software-properties software-properties-common
apt-get -y -f --allow-unauthenticated install deb-multimedia-keyring

might know why it still is not working :blush: did not catch your typo @JMSolo lol [quote=“JMSolo, post:8, topic:203”]
mkdir /intsall
[/quote]

:wink: are you tired ?

after spelling dir correctly

IT works splendidly.
THANK YOU @JMSolo you are the man!!

1 Like

Ah, my dyslexia kicked in whilst I was unawarez. Good catch! I was perplexed why it wouldn’t work.

1 Like

next problem, lol XD
Sorry I seem to break things easy lol

trying to use the link for sickrage leads me to this page of well nothing.
kinda like plex would it be same kind of solution you think?
using putty tunneling?

Thanks for pointing that out… in the /installpackage-sickrage I have a leftover repo… I need to update this:

cd /etc/init.d/
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Swizards/QuickBox/experimental/commands/sickrage
sudo chmod +x /etc/init.d/sickrage
1 Like

–2016-06-04 21:59:26-- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Swizards/QuickBox/experimental/commands/sickrage
Resolving raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)… 199.27.76.133
Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)|199.27.76.133|:443… connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response… 404 Not Found
2016-06-04 21:59:26 ERROR 404: Not Found.

No… it doesn’t exist… I am fixing that issue now.

OH lol my bad i will wait :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, I am missing the template… adjusting.

####revised full update instructions for sickrage

OK, do this to update it

cd /root/quickbox_setup
git pull

cd /usr/local/bin/quickbox
git reset --hard origin/master
git pull
chmod +x $(find /usr/local/bin/quickbox -type f)

Now you can run it… this also proves to be how easy it is to update now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I just ran the revised update with no issues and SickRage is running.

1 Like