Issues after installation

Installation seems to be running fine, however almost at the end I get the following:

sed: can't read /home//.startup: No such file or directory [ DONE ] sed: can't read /home/USER/.console/index.php: No such file or directory
Also, even if I select N to Add user to /etc/sudoers, it still ask me to add an user. I tested also by actually creating the user and using another user already in the system.

But the installation finishes successfully and I can access the dashboard. The following problems are encountered:

• BTSync does not appear in the menu even if it was installed during setup. I can only make it appear by using upgradeBTSync
  • But after, BTSync redirects to a “This site can’t be reached” message. Seems to be refusing the connection. Also tried uninstalling and installing again from the Packages section
  • Storage information appears as NaN%
  • Web Console says: You don’t have permission to access /USER.console on this server.

This is on a fresh install of Ubuntu 16.04 on an Online.net Dedibox. Installation has been performed multiple times with the same results.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the report @hjtech.

These are actually symptoms of the script that are being addressed today. It looks like some residual code wound up in the u_1604 script… assuming you are using the u_1604 script.

After 3 days of the beta squad testing the new revision, there is a big release coming here within the next hour that addresses a massive list of faulty assets.

As per…

Thank you for this. I hadn’t sampled the outcome of that… adding a sudoer should be a mandatory sequence as the initial root user does not have a working /home directory. I will clean that up very soon.

Awesome!
Thank you @JMSolo, I will keep an eye on this upcoming release. And yes, this was using the u_1604 script.

We’re prepping it for adding to GitHub right now. It will be on the master branch of the repo as it now addresses all flavor of Distro and Releases… at least those in the acceptable OS.

1 Like

Thanks!
Just installed the latest version. Received the following errors:

Install ffmpeg? (Used for screenshots) (Default: Y): Building ffmpeg from source for screenshots ... quickbox.sh: line 969: bc: command not found [\]

quickbox.sh: line 1123: /etc/apache2/master.txt: No such file or directory Setting up seedbox.conf for apache ... quickbox.sh: line 1130: /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/aliases-seedbox.conf: No such file or directory quickbox.sh: line 1170: /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/default-ssl.conf: No such file or directory quickbox.sh: line 1219: /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/fileshare.conf: No such file or directory sed: can't read /etc/php/7.0/apache2/php.ini: No such file or directory

The only other thing I can think of is there may be some reason as to why your dependencies are not installing. Perhaps there is a lock on the dpkg’ing of packages?

Not sure why this would happen on a fresh install of Ubuntu though.

bc is included via the dependencies function, so it sort of gives away the fact that something is either locked via an update, or an attempt to install on top of a current install is at play:

elif [[ "${rel}" = "16.04" ]]; then
  apt-get -y update >>"${OUTTO}" 2>&1
    apt-get -y install build-essential fail2ban bc sudo screen zip irssi unzip nano bwm-ng htop iotop git dos2unix subversion \
    dstat automake make mktorrent libtool libcppunit-dev libssl-dev pkg-config libxml2-dev libcurl3 libcurl4-openssl-dev libsigc++-2.0-dev \
    apache2-utils autoconf cron curl libapache2-mod-geoip libxslt-dev libncurses5-dev yasm pcregrep apache2 php-net-socket libdbd-mysql-perl libdbi-perl \
    php7.0 php7.0-fpm php7.0-mbstring php7.0-zip php7.0-mysql php7.0-curl php7.0-memcached memcached php7.0-gd php7.0-json php7.0-mcrypt php7.0-opcache php7.0-xml \
    php7.0-zip fontconfig quota comerr-dev ca-certificates libfontconfig1-dev libfontconfig1 rar unrar mediainfo ifstat libapache2-mod-php7.0 \
    ttf-mscorefonts-installer checkinstall dtach cfv libarchive-zip-perl libnet-ssleay-perl openjdk-8-jre-headless openjdk-8-jre openjdk-8-jdk \
    libhtml-parser-perl libxml-libxml-perl libjson-perl libjson-xs-perl libxml-libxslt-perl libapache2-mod-scgi lshell vnstat vnstati openvpn >>"${OUTTO}" 2>&1
  fi

I am running an install now on a DO droplet to see if anything odd happens.

Just to confirm… there has been a version bump to 2.2.0. Are you installing from the master branch?

apt-get -yqq update; apt-get -yqq upgrade; apt-get -yqq install git curl lsb-release; \
git clone https://github.com/Swizards/QuickBox.git /root/tmp/QuickBox/; \
cd /root/tmp/QuickBox*; \
bash quickbox.sh

the qb_u_1604 branch will become retired now that testing has been processed.

I’m trying to install everything again, but this was on a fresh Ubuntu install

Can you run apt -y update followed by apt -y upgrade?

See if any of those two commands give you some insight?

Done! Just did another fresh install and tried everything again. This is what I got:

Install ffmpeg? (Used for screenshots) (Default: Y): Building ffmpeg from source for screenshots ... quickbox.sh: line 969: bc: command not found

Password: (hit enter to generate a password) setting password to sfX7W1uMaU6K96yv quickbox.sh: line 1123: /etc/apache2/master.txt: No such file or directory Setting up seedbox.conf for apache ... quickbox.sh: line 1130: /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/aliases-seedbox.conf: No such file or directory quickbox.sh: line 1170: /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/default-ssl.conf: No such file or directory quickbox.sh: line 1219: /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/fileshare.conf: No such file or directory sed: can't read /etc/php/7.0/apache2/php.ini: No such file or directory [ DONE ] Installing .rtorrent.rc for USER ... [ DONE ] Installing rutorrent plugins ... [ DONE ] Installing autodl-irssi ... [ DONE ] Making USER directory structure ... [ DONE ] Writing USER system crontab script ... [ DONE ] Writing USER rutorrent config.php file ... [ DONE ] Writing seedbox reload script ... [ DONE ] Installing VSFTPd ... [ DONE ] Setting up VSFTPd ... [ DONE ] Would you like to install Plex Media Server (Y/n): (Default: N) y Installing Plex ... tee: /etc/apache2/conf-available/fqdn.conf: No such file or directory ServerName box1touch: cannot touch '/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/plex.conf': No such file or directory chown: cannot access '/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/plex.conf': No such file or directory ... [ DONE ]

At the end:

sed: can't read /home//.startup: No such file or directory [ DONE ] Setting irssi/rtorrent to start on boot ... [ DONE ] Setting permissions on USER ... [ DONE ] quickbox.sh: line 1813: bc: command not found quickbox.sh: line 1814: bc: command not found

Running apt -y update and apt -y upgrade shows everything as normal:

Hit:1 http://nl.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial InRelease Hit:2 http://nl.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security InRelease Hit:3 http://nl.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates InRelease Hit:4 http://nl.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-backports InRelease Hit:5 http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu xenial InRelease Hit:6 http://shell.ninthgate.se/packages/debian jessie InRelease Hit:7 http://linux-packages.getsync.com/btsync/deb btsync InRelease Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done All packages are up to date. root@box1:~/tmp/QuickBox# apt -y upgrade Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Calculating upgrade... Done 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

EDIT: I’m installing from the master branch, new version 2.2.0

Well, this is really odd as we cannot reproduce a failing installing.

Can you also try apt-get -y install bc ?

Do you want to install CSF (Config Server Firewall)? (Y/n):
Installing and Adjusting CSF ... [ DONE ]
Installing Sendmail ... [ DONE ]
Add an administrator email below for receiving alerts
Email: [email protected]

The email [email protected] is now the forwarding address for root mail
finalizing sendmail installation ... [ DONE ]
Would you like to whitelist CloudFlare IPs? (Y/n):
Whitelisting Cloudflare IPv4 and IPv6 ... [ DONE ]
Block Public Trackers?: (Default: Y)
[ Blocking public trackers ]
Building required user directories ... [ DONE ]
Install ffmpeg? (Used for screenshots) (Default: Y):
Building ffmpeg from source for screenshots ... [ DONE ]
1) rtorrent 0.9.6
2) rtorrent 0.9.4
3) rtorrent 0.9.3
What version of rtorrent do you want? (Default 1):
Using rtorrent-0.9.6/libtorrent-0.13.6
Installing xmlrpc-c-1.33.12 ... [ DONE ]
Installing libtorrent-0.13.6 ... [ DONE ]
Installing rtorrent-0.9.6 ... [ DONE ]
Installing rutorrent into /srv ... [ DONE ]
Add user to /etc/sudoers (Default: Y):
Username: quickbox
Password: (hit enter to generate a password) quickbox
setting password to quickbox
Setting up seedbox.conf for apache ... [ DONE ]
Installing .rtorrent.rc for quickbox ... [ DONE ]
Installing rutorrent plugins ... [ DONE ]
Installing autodl-irssi ... [ DONE ]
Making quickbox directory structure ... [ DONE ]
Writing quickbox system crontab script ... [ DONE ]
Writing quickbox rutorrent config.php file ... [ DONE ]
Writing seedbox reload script ... [ DONE ]
Installing VSFTPd ... [ DONE ]
Setting up VSFTPd ... [ DONE ]
Would you like to install Plex Media Server (Y/n): (Default: N)
Skipping Plex install ...
Would you like to install BTSync? (Y/n): (Default: N)
Skipping BTSync install ...
Setting irssi/rtorrent to start on boot ... [ DONE ]
Setting permissions on quickbox ... [ DONE ]

[quickbox] Seddbox & GUI Installation Completed
            INSTALLATION COMPLETED in 13/min

Valid Commands:
  -------------------

createSeedboxUser - creates a shelled seedbox user
 deleteSeedboxUser - deletes a created seedbox user and their directories
 changeUserpass - change users SSH/FTP/ruTorrent password
 setdisk - set your disk quota for any given user
 showspace - shows the amount of space used by all users on the server
 reload - restarts your seedbox services, i.e; rtorrent & irssi
 upgradeBTSync - upgrades btsync when new version is available
 upgradePlex - upgrades Plex when new version is available

################################################################################################
#   Seedbox can be found at https://quickbox:[email protected]
#   (Also works for FTP:5757/SSH:4747)
#   If you need to restart rtorrent/irssi, you can type 'reload'
#   Reloading: sshd, apache, memcached, php7.0, vsftpd, fail2ban and quota
################################################################################################

Do you wish to reboot (recommended!): (Default Y)n
  Skipping reboot ...
root@quickbox:~/tmp/QuickBox#

Yes, this is very strange.
bc is not being installed in the first run, this is what I got with apt-get -y install bc:

Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
The following NEW packages will be installed:
bc
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 82.6 kB of archives.
After this operation, 246 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://nl.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial/main amd64 bc amd64 1.06.95-9build1 [82.6 kB]
Fetched 82.6 kB in 0s (104 kB/s)
sh: 0: getcwd() failed: No such file or directory
Selecting previously unselected package bc.
(Reading database … 68310 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack …/bc_1.06.95-9build1_amd64.deb …
Unpacking bc (1.06.95-9build1) …
Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.5-1) …
Processing triggers for install-info (6.1.0.dfsg.1-5) …
Setting up bc (1.06.95-9build1) …

Well now I am extra perplexed.

I wonder if there is some sort of kernel issue at Online.net that is preventing certain dependencies to be installed in bunches. That would be a first.

What if you ran:

apt-get -y install build-essential fail2ban bc sudo screen zip irssi unzip nano bwm-ng htop iotop git dos2unix subversion \
    dstat automake make mktorrent libtool libcppunit-dev libssl-dev pkg-config libxml2-dev libcurl3 libcurl4-openssl-dev libsigc++-2.0-dev \
    apache2-utils autoconf cron curl libapache2-mod-geoip libxslt-dev libncurses5-dev yasm pcregrep apache2 php-net-socket libdbd-mysql-perl libdbi-perl \
    php7.0 php7.0-fpm php7.0-mbstring php7.0-zip php7.0-mysql php7.0-curl php7.0-memcached memcached php7.0-gd php7.0-json php7.0-mcrypt php7.0-opcache php7.0-xml \
    php7.0-zip fontconfig quota comerr-dev ca-certificates libfontconfig1-dev libfontconfig1 rar unrar mediainfo ifstat libapache2-mod-php7.0 \
    ttf-mscorefonts-installer checkinstall dtach cfv libarchive-zip-perl libnet-ssleay-perl openjdk-8-jre-headless openjdk-8-jre openjdk-8-jdk \
    libhtml-parser-perl libxml-libxml-perl libjson-perl libjson-xs-perl libxml-libxslt-perl libapache2-mod-scgi lshell vnstat vnstati openvpn

I wonder the same. This is what I got:

Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Note, selecting ‘libxslt1-dev’ instead of 'libxslt-dev’
E: Unable to locate package php7.0-memcached
E: Couldn’t find any package by glob 'php7.0-memcached’
E: Couldn’t find any package by regex ‘php7.0-memcached’

Ah, that is the problem right there. Looks like some server environments are overly sumantic. I will add this as php-memcached It should had pulled like this silenty:

Note, selecting 'php-memcached' instead of 'php7.0-memcached'

However, this server is not addressing it for some reason and failing the rest of dependencies in the list.

Try to install apt-get -y install php-memcached and see if that works.

1 Like

Update for this has been pushed and is available:

2 Likes

Thank you @JMSolo!
Now the installation finished successfully and packages are now working, BTSync, Plex, etc.
Only issue is still the storage, where it now shows You have used INF% of your total disk space, and rtorrent is displaying an storage error.

type setdisk and set a quota for that user
so say you dont want to share with anyone then set quota as max disk space

1 Like