Amazon Cloud Drive

It’s using googles download limit and ACD’s upload limit. I’m at about 130MB/s now for the 20 files. I have to assume it’s a per file limit.

Gdrive ----> ACD

That’s what I thought, was just curious why you rented a Feral slot in order to do it is all. One quick question for you (or whoever) my ACD mount and Drive mount tend to drop after some time. How do you account for this? Is there a script or something? I thought this issue was more specific to acd_cli and not rclone.

I haven’t seen mine drop. Are you running the code from the repo? I pull mine right from the git repos.

The reason for the feral slot is that my normal server is limited to 250Mbs upload unless I shell out about 75 euros.
For these 20Tb tranfers it makes sense for me. I might eventually move to a normal OVH with the 500mbs upload… It would be about 30 euros more a month but less ram and disk. We’ll see what black Friday brings.

I’ve been using beta versions. It’s strange because I have the same version running on a machine at home and it’s never dropped. The version I’m using is rclone v1.33-85-g6846a1cβ

I pull right from the git repo so I update pretty much with every change to it.

With amazon.co.uk now offering ACD (and have been for a while), has anyone noticed a difference in speeds to using the UK offering over the American offering, in terms of upload speed, and streaming speed?

I’m on the ACD .com, and it works well for the most part, but being in Europe the .co.uk account might suit me better.

Wow, this thread has grown so much! I didn’t think ACD would garner so much interest.

As an update, I’m still using acd_cli with encfs and it’s working well. I’ve got over 10TB of encrypted media uploaded and have about 10 users streaming from my PMS. There hasn’t been a single drop in performance since I started.

One problem I’m still trying to resolve is deleting files off ACD. I wish there were an easier way to find the file, then delete it. Currently, I have a python script that converts the plaintext name of the media to encfs, then does an “acdcli find”. Next step is to have the option for the script to delete the file after finding it.

Other than the above irritation, I’ve sorted out all of the snags through scripting, it’s not ideal but it works.

I’ve tested rclone and it works well too. I think at this point it really depends on your preference and how much you’ve committed to either solution, as to which one to use.

Just noticed v1.34 got released over the weekend, which adds a number of the features discussed above that were only in the beta releases. Going to give it a go.

Is there a complete guide to installing this on my dedi? I’m not that good with linux.
Maybe @RXWatcher could share his setup? :stuck_out_tongue:
I have an “unlimited” gdrive bought off eBay idling empty, and I’d like to try it out and move stuff in the cloud. I’m taking about around 10TB of media.
@JMSolo said he might add it in a future version, but I guess I need it sooner. I’m running out of space.

I have a limited online 1gbit server, so continous upload @1gb might not be the best move, and could get me flagged, I’d like an option to limit my upload to say 300mb, if possible.
Thank you guys!

2 Likes

I too would love to see a beginners guide to setting this up. I’m a complete newb.

1 Like

So in theroy, I could have AMAZON stream my shows, not the box? This is huge… that means I can have my box anywhere and still get the best speeds.

using rclone or acd_cli you would not be streaming from amazon you would be streaming from your server. but you can still use it anywhere.

Working flawlessly using this https://bitbucket.org/gesis/plexacd

Just gotta find a box with low storage, decent bandwidth, fuse, and unionfs

2 Likes

Will this work on a baremetal from scaleway/online.net?

The c1 probably won’t be powerful enough to do any transcoding, but the online.net entry box might be enough for 1 stream :slight_smile:

Fatal error: failed to mount FUSE fs: fusermount: exec: "fusermount": executable file not found in $PATH
Does this error mean fusermount is not installed?

also following this guide to install: https://github.com/libfuse/libfuse

I’m getting this error after I do> sudo ninja install

root@4af6ed:~/libfuse-master/build# sudo ninja install
[1/1] Installing files.
Installing util/mount.fuse3 to /usr/local/sbin/mount.fuse3
Installing lib/libfuse3.so.3.0.0 to /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfuse3.so.                                                                                                                                                             3.0.0
Installing util/fusermount3 to /usr/local/bin/fusermount3
Installing fuse.h to /usr/local/include/fuse3
Installing fuse_common.h to /usr/local/include/fuse3
Installing fuse_lowlevel.h to /usr/local/include/fuse3
Installing fuse_opt.h to /usr/local/include/fuse3
Installing cuse_lowlevel.h to /usr/local/include/fuse3
Installing /root/libfuse-master/doc/fusermount3.1 to /usr/local/share/man/man1.
Installing /root/libfuse-master/doc/mount.fuse.8 to /usr/local/share/man/man8.
Installing /root/libfuse-master/build/meson-private/fuse3.pc to /usr/local/lib/x                                                                                                                                                             86_64-linux-gnu/pkgconfig.
Running custom install script '/root/libfuse-master/util/install_helper.sh etc b                                                                                                                                                             in lib/x86_64-linux-gnu'
update-rc.d: error: unable to read /etc/init.d/fuse3
root@4af6ed:~/libfuse-master/build#

How to fix this or how to install?

also in this /etc/init.d/ direcotry there is no fuse3 file but there is a fusermount3 file

Thank you for any help.

Could we work on splitting these conversations off into different topics?
Specifically one topic for ACD acd_cli and one for ACD rclone. Keep it relevant and clean.

2 Likes

Is there a particular reason you’re building fuse and not just installing via apt-get?

wait I can do that? whats the name?

edit: oh wow its just fuse

lol I’m a dumbass

Topics split. This is getting too large to be manageable.