[BETA] Deploy QuickBox on KVM VPS instantly [UPDATE 3]

EDIT1:

Thank you for testing! We have found a few bugs and are working on them now.
Most notably, we are adding more servers and IP’s to the system now to keep up with the demand.
Please bare with us is you do not get an invite right away, we are working as fast as we can!

Regards
CloudbitVPS

EDIT2: ANNOUNCEMENT :mega: We have noticed a couple of faults on our Canadian server. We are waiting for a replacement now which should take no more than a few hours.

The old Canadian server will be left online until the end of April, you can access any machines for taking backups but deployments on the same server will no longer be possible. Please use Canada #2 and delete any unused machines on the old server as soon as you possibly can.

We are also upgrading the CPU & RAM.

NVMe SSD drives still as standard.

Please bare with us, thank you for your patience.

Hi @Cloudbit_VPS

Very nice idea, I’ve sent an email ([email protected]) for testing. I’ve tried loads of services and was looking to try on OVH VPS!
I have a ready to spin image of my own on a scaleway (with one or two runing instance), but I may stick with your service in the long run!

Price level seems fair and good for you, just the diskspace which is a little weak because even if storage is in the cloud, server capacity is the download capacity of the server: cloud drives does not support random write at the moment, and this is needed for torrents.

I’m sure you will sort your problems out!

Thanks for the info!

We have already upgraded the diskspace per user to 100GB but could raise further in the near future since we are buying x2 1.2TB NVMe drives, we just needed to see how much resources can be squeezed out of each server without causing bottlenecks/overloads.

We are now also upgrading all server cores and RAM!

Thanks everyone for your patience, things are moving quicker than expected but we have a rapid expansion plan which we have started now.

Many upgrades and changes coming!

1 Like

Wow, that’s a good offer now!

100GB is twice what I use on my scaleway instances, when storing on Amazon Cloud Drive or Google Drive I.e. seeding is possible so server’s diskpace is just for leeching.

For Cores and RAM, until the server isn’t used for concurrent streaming with plex, by experience I’ll say 4 cores and 2GB are confortable for a “familly usage”

Thanks for the tip, we are trying to find the sweet spot now to give maximum benefit to all users with the option to upgrade the cores/ram for a small price increase.

As of right now im thinking:

The base Quickbox Pro plan will be set @ 2 vCore/1GB RAM 25-50GB NVMe SSD

The base Quickbox Developer plan will be set @ 4 vCore/2GB RAM 50-100GB NVMe SSD

We are also adding HDD servers for storage of up to 1TB (maybe 2), for those that do not care for the SSD and would prefer more space.

Feel free to speak up if anyone has any suggestions. Any feedback is good feedback!

Thanks again @Reynald

I’ve subscribed for a Pro plan! (a paid one, here are some support ;))

The pause/resume thing is something awsome. Do you plan to have a hourly rate to gain some benefits from this?
I would then have a small machine for seeding, and spin/resume a bigger machine when needed (media scanning/transcoding, etc…). The benefit for you would be to share ressources with a little experience of used ressources by sleeping or running servers.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Unfortunately we did not create the frontend so we have very few options on changing the main panel and billing system since (i think) the panel is hosted elsewhere but we are working on it!

We only add the hypervisors and create the images/templates/IP configuration ect

If we cannot find a solution we may consider switching to a more robust system as i am not getting any replies back from the devs. The panel is hosted on Virtkick btw, who just got bought out by OnApp. :sigh:

Anyway we are working round the clock and just had our fifth server delivered, our second to be launched in Canada which has the two 1.2TB NVMe drives, 64GB RAM, 6 cores, 12 threads.

We also have a bigdata server with 1TB of SATA3 HDD storage for £15 per month. It is not fully live yet but we can create a machine for anyone who prefers storage over processing speed and ram. 3-4 users per server, 1GB connection, 1-2 vCores and 2GB RAM.

Also since we haven’t mentioned it yet, and because of the poll results, we just want to tell everyone that

ALL OUR PLANS COME WITH UNLIMITED BANDWITH AND ALWAYS WILL.

Anyway, back to work for me!

CloudbitVPS

2 Likes

CLOUDBITVPS BETA UPDATE

Thank you everyone for the massive interest in our VPS offer. We are posting here just to let you know our current status.

We are currently not accepting any more beta customers, we already have many in the queue and we will get round to adding your funds ASAP.

SERVERS UPDATE AND STATUS

Since the massive amount of interest we have been contacted by OVH and they are going to help make sure the machines are working as intended as we have noticed a fault on the Canadian servers. We do not know exactly yet but we are working through the system and fixing errors as we find them. We need to pin down whether the problems are coming from our side or OVH. I have and am in direct contact with one of the community business managers for OVH to get the problems fixed.

DATA STORAGE

PLEASE NOTE WE MAY HAVE TO DELETE AND REINSTALL YOUR SERVER AT ANY TIME OR CHANGE THE PLANS TO MAKE SURE THE LOAD IS BALANCED. THIS IS BETA AND WE OFFER NO GUARANTEES ON DATA SO PLEASE IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION YOU NEED THAT IS STORED ON THE SERVER PLEASE BACK IT UP. WE WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OF DATA DURING BETA PHASE.

WE WILL LEAVE THIS NOTICE UP FOR 24 HOURS TO GIVE EVERYONE A CHANCE TO BACK ANYTHING UP.

YOU WILL STILL HAVE ALL CREDIT YOU HAD BEFORE AND CAN CONTINUE TO CREATE VPS AGAIN AS USUAL.

STATUS PAGE

While we go through the beta process and manage servers we will be updating our status on our statuspage, you should find lots of information on the servers there.

status.cloudbitvps.io - it has only just been set up and we need to reinstall all hypervisors please give the DNS some time to propagate.

SENDING PAYMENTS

We have noticed some customers have started paying for the services. Please do not do this yet as the service is likely to change as we fine tune the settings and again YOUR DATA IS NOT YET GUARANTEED WHILE IN BETA.

BY PAYING MONEY USING BITCOIN OR CREDIT CARD TO US “CLOUDBITVPS” YOU ARE ACCEPTING THE TERMS OF A BETA CONTRACT WHICH OFFERS NO GUARANTEES ON DATA. PLEASE BACKUP ANYTHING YOU NEED TO KEEP AND NO NOT USE OUR SERVERS FOR SENSITIVE INFORMATION YET. DOING SO IS YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY

FINALLY

We thank you all for your feedback/comments/suggestions/ and we thank quickbox for developing such a great tool for us to use :heart:

We are expanding as fast as possible and those already requested an invite should get one soon. Hang in there!

We hope you are all enjoying deploying quickbox via cloudbitvps, there has been some serious data transferred!

For future status please see our statuspage - status.cloudbitvps.io

CloudbitVPS

Thanks for the update, in future it might be an idea to put a link to these kind of status messages at the top of the control panel to ensure all your users get the chance to see them :slight_smile:

Hi all, here’s an update as to what is going on right now.

1. Our control panel decided to slow to a halt and we had no communication with the developers to find out what the problem was. We have eventually managed to contact them and they say the problem is fixed so we will start to re add the servers.

2. We are testing a new platform at the same time in case more problems arise. We like the look of it and it has some great functionality and full support.

3. We have 5 NVMe servers just sat there waiting to be added, if we switch to the new platform the DNS may take some time to propagate. I am extremely sorry for the downtime but i guess thats what beta testing is for. If we don’t get things working properly again before opening to the public we would only end up with problems down the line.

Everyone will keep their balances and everyone who has requested an invite will be accepted and credited. The massive interest was great and we appreciate all requests to join but we must firstly get the network stable as a priority.

We apologise for the downtime, servers will be back up soon, hang in there!

CloudbitVPS

UPDATE

x2 France NVMe servers are up!
x2 Canadian NVMe servers will be up later today!

Looks like our problems are fixed.

There are limited spaces for now while we monitor the server resources.

Thank you for participating in the Beta.

All requests for invites will be processed as we expand.

CloudbitVPS

I contacted yesterday, still waiting for a reply.
Thank you!

We have answered all support tickets you should have credit. If not please send a support ticket and we will credit your account.

CLOUDBIT VPS UPDATE 3

All services are back online and working normally.

x2 Canadian Servers + x2 France Servers both with SSD NVMe are up and working perfectly.

Quickbox has had an update since we created the template. Please make sure to upgrade Quickbox with

box upgrade as root user

NEW BIG DATA PLANS

We have added regular SATA 3 Big Data Plans which allow up to 2TB of space per machine as many people have requested it! :grin:

If you choose a big data plan please make sure to set your disk using setdisk as root.

That is all for now! Thank you again for beta testing. There are still places for users please feel free to apply we are adding servers almost everyday.

CloudbitVPS

Check status.cloudbitvps.io for server information.

Tried to register and get a white page 404 Not Found

Signed up for the 1TB plan today. Deployment went smooth as butter. Will put it through the ringer tonight.

So far impressed with everything :+1:

this is not working anymore, every-time i try to choose a server to try and buy, it redirect me to error page

Not really sure if they are still subscribed to their topic or not. Try pinging @Cloudbit_VPS and see if they know what’s up with the sign up process.

I’m more inclined to close this topic and have any user using their service contact them on their site

2 Likes

Timer set. We’ll see if they’ll address it here publicly.

1 Like